Best effort is made at ProphecyHistory.com to adhere to the following standards:
- The presupposition is that the Bible is the Word of God, the first & the last answer to all questions about God's plan.
- The agenda is to present Truth that sets the readers free, the Word of God, in a form that is irrefutable, easily understood, brief and attractive to the widest audience.
- The bias is that the Words in passages cited carry the same meanings as the rest of the Bible's usage of those Words; that the understanding of one passage must be in agreement with the understanding of all other Bible passages; that the correct understanding of a Bible subject happily accommodates all passages on that subject; that the Bible's own terms communicate more faithfully than theological jargon.
- The methodology is to compare Scripture with Scripture: employing color coding and formatting to show relationships among the Scriptures with minimal commentary. This is to provide a reference work that should be useful to those of every viewpoint. Estimated dates of authorship are added to remind of context. Context of every type is to be considered, beginning with the immediately surrounding verses of Scripture, then the entire chapter in which they are found, the book, the testament and finally the Bible as a whole. The New Testament's interpretations of Old Testament passages remain supreme while the Old Testament is never permitted to overthrow the plain teaching of the New.
- Dates of proposed historical fulfillment are best effort estimations, whether the composition date of a Scripture or the time of an epoch event. "70AD" is shorthand for saying, "time of Christ's Return" (that is, "after the composition of Scriptures anticipating the Lord's Return but prior to the passing away of the generation of Jesus & His Apostles"). "1070AD" is shorthand for, "1000 years after Christ's Return." Likewise, "30AD" means, "the time of Christ's Crucifixion" even as "4BC" is representative of "the time of Jesus' birth."
- Prophecies are arranged by date of fulfillment in history.
- The main Truths highlighted in the articles are conveyed by their titles.
Every word of Scripture was carefully selected and placed there by God Himself for a reason. It is not without reason that some are in past tense, others in present tense, and still others in future tense. He has employed these differentiations to communicate clearly to human readers regarding the timing of His own predicted actions. Let us remember that is was God who was the Primary Mover in the spawning of all language (Gen 11:7-9) : He is well aware of the meaning of every jot and tiddle, every accent and tilde, in every language of men and of angels, and the thoughts formed in the minds of men by words. If there is anyone who knows how to get his point across with language, it is God the Word, (John 1:1).
“It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”
May God grant guidance, wisdom, grace, boldness and patience to promote optimism and friendship among all who are Jesus Christ's -through a better understanding of His Words. May His Spirit enlighten all who visit. Amen.